Composite wood and vinyl replacement windows.
Renewal by Andersen® replacement windows are made from Andersen's exclusive Fibrex® material. This breakthrough composite combines the strength and stability of wood with the low-maintenance features of vinyl replacement windows. Renewal by Andersen® high performance replacement windows are a beautiful way to make your home more comfortable.
Key benefits of Fibrex material:
- Low maintenance features like vinyl replacement windows. No need to scrape or paint again and warranted not to rot, flake, blister, peel, crack, pit or corrode.
- Excellent insulator: prevents heat or cold transfer into or out of your home.
- Strength of Fibrex material makes narrower frames, allowing for more glass area
- Available in 22 standard color combinations
- Stainable wood interiors available, including oak, maple and engineered pine.
- Fibrex material contains over 40% reclaimed wood fiber, reducing impact on the environment
- Resistant to changes in temperature – doesn't expand and contract like some materials***
New High–Performance™ Low-E4® SmartSun® Glass
We're pleased to announce our newest option in glass. High-PerformanceTM Low-E4® SmartSunTM glass is Renewal by Andersen's most energy-efficient glass ever, up to 70% more energy efficient in summer as compared to ordinary dual pane glass* and has Renewal by Andersen's highest energy efficiency rating in cool weather. What's more, SmartSun glass also blocks an amazing 95% of harmful UV rays, helping to protect furniture, carpets and wall coverings.
High–Performance™ Low-E4® Glass
Andersen High-PerformanceTM Low-E4® glass, the next generation of premium glass technology, is standard on all Renewal by Andersen windows and Frenchwood® patio doors. Key benefits include:
- Up to 56% more energy-efficient in summer and 45% more efficient in winter compared to ordinary dual-pane glass.* Depending on where you live, that can cut your energy bills up to 25%**.
- Innovative coating reduces water spots and makes cleaning easier
- Blocks 83% of UV rays that can fade fabric and damage furniture
- Significantly reduces the level of sound coming into your home
Our products are rated, certified, and labeled by National Fenestration Rating Council® (NFRC) - a non-profit organization that provides fair, accurate and credible energy performance ratings for windows and doors.
*Values are based on comparison to U-Factors and SHGCs for clear glass non-metal frame default values from the 2006 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC).
**A study of identical homes comparing Low-E4® glass to ordinary dual-pane glass showed a 25% savings on cooling bills, 10% on heating. Savings may vary geographically.
***See the Renewal by Andersen 20/2/10 year LImited Warranty for details.